Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: And the dominoes begin to fall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    And the dominoes begin to fall

    Nebraska to the Big 10. Colorado to the Pac 10. More to follow.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    Its going to get interesting. No doubt about it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    I agree, when all said and done I think you will have 3-4 huge power conferences with about 16 teams in them
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    This seems to be a ploy by the schools to force the hand of the NCAA into coming up with some type of playoff system. Because this definitely throws a big wrench in the bowl alliances and BCS.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member VOL61's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2007
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    There is alot of talk out there right now. I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen.

    But I think Texas, OU, OK St, and Texas Tech end up in the Pac 10. I think that deal has been done for awhile. I think The SEC ends up with Texas A&M. Gene Stallings who was the old Bama coach is on the Board of regents at A&M and is making a strong push for them to join the SEC. Texas A&M is throwing a little wrench in the plans for the Pac 10. They where to be included with the other 4 teams and Colorado to make the Pac 16. But Orangebloods (Texas rivals site) is saying Pac 10 is now talking to Utah. So it looks like A&M could end up in the SEC West.

    Now if this happens I think the next step would be Virginia Tech. Slive , The SEC commisoner, has already talked to people at Tech. And it is rumored if the SEC can't get Texas which I don't see happening the SEC will go after VT. They are Slive's next best after Texas. But he does want Texas. He has already offered to move Bama and Auburn to the East if Texas and A&M would come aboard. But from everything I have read Texas isn't interested.

    I am hoping and praying this happens. It would put Texas A&M in the West and Tech in the East. It would set up the rivalary of all rivalaries around here and make for all kinds of fun.

    As a UT fan I would love to see Tech in the conference. I am wondering what Tech fans would think of it and I am not trying to start anything. I honestly would like to know how they would feel about joining the SEC.....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

  7. #7
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation CP7's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2009
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    ESPN reported earlier that the SEC would not extend offers to GT, FSU, UM, or Clemson.

    That's great news.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    VT to the SEC :2thumbsup:

    Dont care what anyone says. The SEC is the top all around conference out there. I hate the SEC but would start being a fan if VT makes that move.

  9. #9
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation CP7's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2009
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    I think the ACC will stay intact. I also think the ACC is just as good or a better conference than any other conference out there when all sports are considered.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member VOL61's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2007
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And the dominoes begin to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by CP7 View Post
    ESPN reported earlier that the SEC would not extend offers to GT, FSU, UM, or Clemson.

    That's great news.
    The AD's at UF, UGA, KY, and SC have banded together to keep the teams you mentioned above out along with Louisville. The main thing in all of this is money and expanding the TV markets for more money.

    The lynch pin is Texas or A&M. They want a footprint in Texas. If both Texas schools turn them down I don't know if they will do anything. Slive would love to have both. If he could get both. Which I don't think can happen. That would be it. The media has said he made an offer to move both Bama and Auburn to the east if both come. That would mean someone from the East would have to move to the west. But he would do whatever it took to get them if he could. But I don't think Texas wants any part of the SEC. A&M is a different culture altogether than Texas and they have history with LSU and Arkansas. They would be a good fit.

    If he only gets A&M the next in line is Virginia Tech. And for those that say Tech wouldn't come should look at the Money. It would be a huge payday for Tech. I don't think they could turn that down.

    Also the basketball argument really doesn't hold much water IMO. I mean before Pearl UT was never a basketball school (other than Ernie and Bernie years). But you have to find the right coach and invest money in the program. If Tech joins the SEC they would have alot more money.

    The only thing I think that keeps this from happening is A&M follows Texas to the Pac 10. Which is still fairly likey. But even then the SEC could snatch up a team like Missouri. I know..... Missouri? They would get murdered in the SEC. But it would open up the St. Louis and Kansas City Markets. Remember this is about Money. It is hard to tell how this is all going to play out.....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •